With billions of dollars invested, the work of the world’s top engineers, and millions of miles of real-world experience, the DetroitTM DD13® engine has proven reliable when it really counts. The same powerful engine featured in many Freightliner trucks, the DD13 gives your motorhome a balance of acceleration, climbing power and speed. Its flat torque curve delivers responsiveness on demand that will conquer the steepest grades, even with a boat or vehicle in tow.
|DD13||12.8L||500HP||1,650 lb.-ft. torque|
Smart, fuel-efficient design makes the most of every gallon.
- Excellent fuel economy
- Pulls strong down to 1100 RPM so drivers can spend more time in top gear
- Next generation Amplified Common Rail System (ACRS™ ) optimizes each injection event to minimize fuel consumption
- Advanced cooling system allows decreased fan on-time, minimizing fuel consumption
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology virtually eliminates excessive, fuel-consuming regenerations
Lower your cost of ownership with easier serviceability
- Long scheduled maintenance intervals keep you out on the road longer
- The coach model of the DD13 is practically identical to the truck model which means unmatched parts availability at your local Detroit service location
- Common serviceability with other Detroit engines ensures trained technicians are available when you need them
- An integrated engine brake helps save your brakes – and your maintenance costs
Our factory-installed Virtual Technician™ onboard diagnostic system takes the guesswork out of engine repair. When the check engine light illuminates, data is immediately collected, providing a technical snapshot of the engine’s status before, during and after a fault code event. This information is sent to you and the Detroit Customer Support Center (CSC), where a trained representative can diagnose the issue, recommend service and even contact the nearest authorized locations with parts in stock. The CSC can tell you if you need to pull over so you don’t cause further damage or if you can stay on the road. Put simply, it’s like having a technician in every coach.