INTRODUCING DRIVETECH—the most advanced display and control system in the RV industry. DriveTech is the first RV driving system to prioritize safety by putting every command in one easy-to-reach location. The all-new ergonomic steering wheel and column-mounted controls are paired with OptiView’s all-digital gauge display to create a more automotive-like feel and set the industry standard for luxury RV driving. And it’s only from Freightliner Custom Chassis.
FEATURESSelect a feature in the circle below or click here to view the list.
OptiView® All-Digital Instrument ClusterDesigned in collaboration with Mercedes-Benz®, OptiView features an anti-glare display with adjustable brightness and an easy-to-read interface with clear fonts, colors and menu structure.
- Bluetooth mobile connectivity provides hands-free operation through easy-to-reach controls.
Left-Hand Steering Wheel Controls/MenuUse the controls on the left side of the steering wheel to access an extensive menu of coach data, including Trip 1 and Trip 2, Gauges, Fuel Economy, Adaptive Cruise Control, Tire Pressure (optional), Vehicle Configuration, and Diagnostics. The vehicle configuration menu includes Bluetooth status, dash brightness, cruise control setting, key fob pairing (optional), steering effort selection (optional) and standard and metric unit selection.
- Customize your visible dash instrumentation by choosing three additional gauges to display (between RPM and MPH gauges). Options include Diesel Exhaust Fluid, Turbo Boost, Transmission Temperature, Current Gear, Engine Load, Distance to Empty, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Engine Hour Meter, Engine Coolant Temp and Barometer.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (optional) shows pressure and temperature of each tire and triggers alerts for low pressure, high pressure or leaks — even for tires on a trailer or tow vehicle.
Left-Hand Column ControlsCommands all standard operations for safe driving, including windshield wipers, headlights and turn signals, consistent with an automotive experience.
- A lane change can be signaled with a slight bump to the column control, either up for right or down for left — without locking the control into position. This will initiate a signal for several seconds, allowing for typical lane change maneuvers.
Push-to-Start Button & Key Fob (optional)Push-to-start functionality makes startup a breeze, and our advanced key fob includes two buttons for OEM-programmable actions beyond the standard lock and unlock functions.
Right-Hand Steering Wheel ControlsRight-hand steering wheel controls feature hands-free phone operation, automotive-like cruise control buttons and marker light interrupter control.
- Hands-free phone operation with call answer and call end buttons and audio mute capabilities.
- Cruise settings including On/Off, Set and Resume speed and Cancel.
- Depending on cruise setting (set through Optiview menu system), controls will default to either standard cruise or adaptive cruise through the RoadWatch safety system.
- RoadWatch features include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (shown) — Maintains your set speed or automatically adjusts when a vehicle is detected ahead
- Collision mitigation with forward warning and active braking
- Stability Controls: Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Roll Stability Support (RSS)
- Automatic Traction Control (ATC)
- Mobileye Camera Detection
Right-Hand Column Control
- Transmission – DriveTech eliminates the traditional, distracting shifter pad with shifting integrated into the right-hand control. Easily rotate the gear selector between Drive, Neutral and Reverse — with integrated auto drive or manual gear selection.
- Manual Shift — To manually shift, push the control away to get into manual mode — then pull towards to cycle through each gear. When you reach 5th gear, another shift will return back to Auto Drive. You can also press the button once on the end of the right-hand column control to return to Auto Drive.
- Driving Mode — To switch between performance and economy mode, just press and hold the button on the end of the right-hand column control.
- Engine Brake — To set the engine brake, pull the right-hand control down one click for low, two clicks for medium and three for high.